CMS Counseling will provide the following to the 7th and 8th grade students:
- * Promoting positive attitudes among students towards self, family, peers and community.
- * Assisting students in learning how school performance relates to future opportunities.
- * Developing and delivering classroom guidance lessons that teach skills such as decision making, resolving
- conflict and respecting others.
- * Working with students, parents and school staff to identify learning needs and to design interventions to
- enhance student success.
- * Helping students to recognize and make the best of their abilities.
- * Providing support during a personal crisis.
- * Working with students on attendance issues.
- * Coordinating referrals to outside agencies.
- * Developing student career awareness.
- * Helping to create a safe and positive learning experience.
GROWING UP ISN'T EASY! HERE ARE SOME OF THE TOPICS THAT CAN BE DISCUSSED DURING
*selecting classes/ career options
* Making friends
* Liking myself
* Getting along with others
* Parents' divorce
* Being a "new kid"
* Learning and responsibility
* Death and dying
* Sexual abuse
* Moving away
* Being honest
* Drug and alcohol abuse
* College/Career Readiness
WAYS TO SEE THE COUNSELOR
Students are able to fill out a self-referral form outside the counselor's office. Students may also meet with the counselor if their parents, teacher or administrative staff refer them to see a counselor. The career center is a resource for students to contact the counselor, research different college and career opportunities, get the Oklahoma Promise information, get financial aid information and important dates and announcements for each grade level.
For additional information click on faculty & staff and then click on Counseling Page